Tuesday 23 October 2012

The French Bulldog: Dog Breed Post #1

Hello guys! Every Tuesday, I will post information about a dog breed. I pick out a random breed and I will review about them. I will definitely not make rude comments! Every dog is unique at its finest.

Some day, I might choose YOUR dog! The same breed as YOUR very own dog! So keeping checking every Tuesday :).

Comment below for any dog you would like to know and I hope you will enjoy these fun and cute weekly posts about dog breeds.


Today. The French Bulldog.

French Bulldogs are so CUTE. I mean come on. Who will say no to this adorable wrinkly face. Definitely not me!


Frenchies (nickname for French Bulldog) are built to be strong and they are broad. They have a big squared head with a 'squished' muzzle with beady little pop-eyes that are far apart, leaving a wide space between. The ears are pointed up naturally and are very colossal. 
Their coats are smooth to pet and are extremely short.

But even if Frenchies have short coats, they are average shedders.

Frenchies come in the color

Black

White

Fawn

Bridle


French Bulldogs are loving, playful companions. They are alert and active, thought they do not make much noise. Frenchies don't yap much.
They need daily walks and will love to run in a field! Some Frenchies have higher active levels than others.
They do awesome in any apartments, but they cannot handle extreme temperatures.



Their grooming isn't high, regular grooming would be best.

This breed has some common French Bulldog medical issues which may add up your vet bills.
But these dogs are very strong and their life span is 10-12 years.


Average Height: 12 inches (30 cm)

Average French Bulldog weight: 19-28 pounds (9-13 kg)

If your Frenchie weighs more than 28 pounds or 13 kg, your dog may be overweight which may cause serious breathing problems :(.


Well its time to wrap up this post. Did I mention Halloween is coming up? Take your dog with you for trick or treating. It'll be a fun treat for all of those Frenchies out there. Why not dress them up too?

Maybe dress them up as a cow!

Happy Halloween!

Ania

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I love those 'beady little pop-eyes' they are absolutely adorable! Pleas do My dog NEXT!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is really nice to read..informative post is very good to read..thanks a lot! his comment is here

    ReplyDelete
  3. tale of this weblog is properly written. the author kept in consideration the grammar very well. stage of English also very well. Lot many new phrases has been used while writing content material of this weblog. Reduce my dogs air intake

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this is one of the most meaningful information for me. And I'm animated reading your article. But should remark on some general things, the website style is perfect; the articles are great. Thanks for the ton of tangible and attainable help. Labs North Carolina

    ReplyDelete